Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TOBL2: Press Pause

This past weekend my hard drive kicked the bucket. It's kinda my own damn fault. My external hard drive died a while ago, my computer started wheezing a bit in the Spring, and I didn't do anything about it. But I guess that's what you get for moving around all the time. Hopefully it can be recovered at some point, though it will probably be expensive.

Progress on TOBL2 is at a bit of a stand-still while I resolve computer issues (currently booting Ubuntu off a flash drive w/o a hard drive), finish up my summer internship, and transition from Colorado back to Maryland. But don't fret! It's really quite excruciatingly close to being done. Check it out:


Essentially needs code (old code is now gone :/)and some slight mechanical tweaking to get the tensioning spot on. Next time I'll take it apart and show off some of the cool machining I did last week.

It also turns out Maker Faire extended the Maker application deadline (shock) to this Friday, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to take advantage of that. More likely TOBL1 will be used as a placeholder get to get in the door. Can't do much about a hard drive dying so I'm proud of how far I got. I'll press play again after relocation.    

In the meantime debating updating computers a year earlier than anticipated...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment